Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sign For Craftroom Door




You can click this picture to see it larger. I can't get Blogger to let me make the pictures any larger than this!

I made this sign today using, what else? Paper! I found a wooden sign which I bought after Christmas two years ago just to paint over. I has been sitting in my cabinet awaiting its destiny. Its day has come! I painted over the cheezy Christmas saying {I should mention... I got this at Dollar General after Christmas 90% off! It was $.35!} I took the cheezy raffia ribbon off.

Next, I cut a piece of paper to size by tracing the sign shape on the back of a piece of 12x12 paper. I then brushed ModPodge on the whole thing and stuck the paper on and pushed and smoothed to get all of the bubbles out. I then ModPodged over the paper too.

Next, I stamped the letters and cut them out. I found lots of chipboard in my stash, so I painted those up {the butterfly and red glitter heart, the L and the E}. I then arranged my sign as I liked it and glued everything down using Aileen's Tacky Glue. I love the way it turned out and can't wait to get it up on my door. {It still needs to dry a bit!}

Now for a few cards I made in my happy place. :-)

The Pajama Party (be sure to check it out!) had a bit of a theme going last Wednesday, and that theme was quilling. I bought the stuff to quill about 10 years ago and never did it. I don't know why. I wanted to, but I never did. So with the PJ Party as inspiration, I gave it a try. It isn't my fav thing to do, but maybe with some practice, my quilled shapes will get more even. Anyway, here's what I made.

This is a card I made for my friend's birthday. I have to get it in the mail tomorrow so she gets it this week!


Tami

1 comment:

Candace Rae's Life said...

you stopped by from SITS, and here I am on your blog. aren't you a crafty lady! i make cards. well, i use to. kids have kind of halted the creative juices a little. thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the condolences about my Dad. it IS definitely very difficult. and definitely let me know if you want to participate in the cards for cancer!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin